Ensure Zero-Tolerance within your Facility
with training from NCTI In Partnership With APPA
The standards adopted by the Department of Justice (DOJ) relating to the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) require criminal justice agencies to provide extensive training to staff, volunteers, and auxiliary personnel. While the U.S. Attorney General has determined that not all corrections agencies are required to abide by the standards, he also stated that it would be prudent for agencies to do so; to reduce liability, for future accreditation purposes, and to provide safer facilities for staff and offenders.
NCTI’s Preventing Sexual Misconduct Against Offenders Workshop and Facilitator Certification Training address the staff training standards adopted by the Department of Justice, and provides agencies with prevention and identification strategies to reduce incidences of sexual misconduct.
Agency and Staff Benefits
- Awareness and prevention of sexual misconduct against offenders
- Reduction of agency and staff liability
- Reduction in negligence by providing training accredited by the American Probation and Parole Association in the area of PREA
- Compliance with the Department of Justice (DOJ) training standards
- Identification of other DOJ PREA training standards for policy and procedure revision.
- Address failure to train issues